Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
WHO Myth Busters
From the WHO advice for the Public: Myth busters:
- COVID-19 can be transmitted in ALL AREAS, including with hot and humid weather.
- Cold weather and snow cannot kill the virus.
- Taking a hot bath does not prevent the disease.
- The new coronavirus cannot be transmitted through mosquito bites.
- Hand dryers are not effective at killing the coronavirus. You should wash your hands.
- Flu vaccines and pneumonia vaccines do not protect you from the coronavirus.
- People of all ages can be infected with the coronavirus.
- To date there is no specific medicine to prevent or treat the virus. Treatment can relieve symptoms, but not the virus itself.